Because I use Red Hat Linux, there's the occasional reference to Red Hat Linux. This does not mean however that this is a Red Hat Linux manual. It is a Linux manual.
Another thing you should know, is that this manual only ever uses the default 'bash' shell. Reference to other shells only helps to complicate matters for those new to Linux.
Hopefully this manual cuts through all the cryptic nonsense, to get straight to the information you need. Enjoy...
The Very Basics
- The No Nonsense Red Hat 5.2 Installation Guide
- Logging On And Shutting Down 12th June
- I Need To Know The Most Useful Linux Commands
- I Need To Access My Floppy Drive!
- And What About My CD-ROM?
- Bet I Can't Use My Zip Drive Though?!
- How Do I Access My Windows Files?
- I Must Have Net Access!
- Now How Do I Setup, Get And Send My E-mails?
Customising At The Command Line
- Any Way To Shorten All Those Huge Commands?!
- How Do I Customise The Command Prompt?
The GUI Bit
- I'd Like To Boot Straight Into X Windows
- How Do I Add More WindowManager Themes?
- How Do I Create My First Shell Script? 14th June
- How Do I Create, Compile And Run a C Program?
- I Want To Change The Default Operating System
- How Do I Add a User?
- How Do I Zip And Unzip Stuff?
- How Do I Install And Configure a Program?
- Know Any Quick And Handy Tips?
- The Shell
- Access Rights Intro 8th June
By Laurence Hunter email@example.com
Download Latest Manual
www.THEBITS.co.uk - updated daily...