DRuG MTA moved back to NikT's home link

Feedback for our SAMP, MTA, TeamSpeak & other servers
Bookmark and Share

DRuG MTA moved back to NikT's home link

Postby [DRuG]NikT on Mon May 07, 2012 4:40 pm

OK, so MTA's been quiet over @ DRuG - you'll note I haven't really done anything to change that.... the server is really mainly there such that we have a historical record of the maps we've all come to love.. I myself even play more on SKC, gta.ru, MgC, SiK, alw & a few other servers, and like to see the crew getting the name out there as well.

My main motivation to move us onto a hosted server was to deal with the demand... it was killing my home link, as we had an average of over 12 players a night at that stage.

If things were to get busy again, I would move the server to one of our many remaining hosted servers, but I really like having this one @ home when I can - it's on a dual core with a fast SSD, and I can remote to it (it's in a cupboard) from my LAN.

Over the next day or so you will see the forums host (zog) take on the mta resource hosting and the hosted MTA (mta.drugcrew.com) will switch across to a server on my home link - the IP will change but the name (mta.drugcrew.com) will be updated to reference my home link.

I've already updated the record @ namecheap - but DNS takes a bit of time to get the worrd to the streetz.

The web and MTA on the new server are all shiney n new.. I've updated from linux.mtasa.com.. web stats, ladder etc all come off the new server too.

Should all be live some time within about 8 hours.. stay tuned here for updates.

*edit* Move complete... new server is @ IP 124.149.84.143:22004 and is updated everywhere (as far as I know - if I missed something, let me know on MSN) - the ladder, webchat etc is all live on the new server & is visible on the MTA browse list.

OK - All live now - let me know if you spot any troubles - or better still - try to connect and let me know in here if it's successful.

The server is now officially "in the closet":
closet2.jpg
closet2.jpg (35.71 KiB) Viewed 5131 times
closet1.jpg

"But my head's all messed up, so you better driive brother"

[DRuG]NikT
[DRuG] cofounder & your host

Check out the downloads and members areas on drugcrew.com

[DRuG] coleader
[DRuG] member
DRuG server admin
[AGS] member
]DR[ member

Re: DRuG MTA moved back to NikT's home link

Postby [DRuG]NikT on Mon May 07, 2012 8:26 pm

Thaanks for helping test Stijger.. folks, it's now confirmed as definitely available.

"But my head's all messed up, so you better driive brother"

[DRuG]NikT

Check out the downloads and members areas on drugcrew.com

[DRuG] coleader
[DRuG] member
DRuG server admin
[AGS] member
]DR[ member

Re: DRuG MTA moved back to NikT's home link

Postby [DRuG]Stijger on Tue May 08, 2012 5:36 am

Again no problem, glad i could, and yeah people that's some smooth server again. :geek:

[DRuG]Stijger
[DRuG] member

Good Luck Veccie

[DRuG] member
DRuG server admin

Return to Feedback: DRuG MTA, SAMP, TeamSpeak and other servers