link outage: nikt.ath.cx aka drug.kicks-ass.net

Feedback for our SAMP, MTA, TeamSpeak & other servers
Bookmark and Share

link outage: nikt.ath.cx aka drug.kicks-ass.net

Postby [DRuG]NikT on Fri Feb 08, 2008 6:00 pm

When I got home tonight, the behaviour of the internet link was similar to that of a capped connection, but I have 15Gb to spare, so was a bit perplexed.

I gave TPG a call, they did a few checks then asked me to reboot my modem, so I removed it's power for 10 seconds, then waited the 5 minutes until my line came back up.. as usual, the line took an age to sync, then rock solid, speedy intermenets again... and I only waffled at the poor tech support chick for about half that time before deciding to just leave the support ticket open until I call back... thanks Patricia, we're working again.. TPG rock :D :D (and I'm so sure she's sitting there in the call centre, mta paused, reading this post).

So yeh, she explained the connection had clocked up quite a few errors and that the modem reboot resets all that.. nice to get useful, informative support.

For anyone interested, I'm running my second officeworks-purchased Netgear D834G, a modem I get great results out of, and always behaves snappily both from internal and external requests. It also includes a 4 ports switch, which our linux (mta) server hangs off, and a wireless router, which I am communicating from this laptop via.

I would suggest any issues that caused the outage, in this instance, are more likely the Telstra dudes I saw in the hallway the other morning, than any unusual degrade in performance of the router I know and love.

"But my head's all messed up, so you better driive brother"

[DRuG]NikT
[DRuG] cofounder & your host

Check out the downloads and members areas on drugcrew.com

[DRuG] coleader
[DRuG] member
DRuG server admin
[AGS] member
]DR[ member

Re: link outage: nikt.ath.cx aka drug.kicks-ass.net

Postby [DRuG]Smallo on Sat Feb 09, 2008 6:32 pm

well.....i thought i should reply to this topic and i have nothing to say :D

[DRuG]Smallo
[DRuG] member
[DRuG] member

Re: link outage: nikt.ath.cx aka drug.kicks-ass.net

Postby [DRuG]NikT on Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:06 pm

Most of these are to prevent everyone asking me, "what happened with the server??" - which you didn't, after reading this message - so it did serve a purpose. :ugeek:

"But my head's all messed up, so you better driive brother"

[DRuG]NikT

Check out the downloads and members areas on drugcrew.com

[DRuG] coleader
[DRuG] member
DRuG server admin
[AGS] member
]DR[ member

Return to Feedback: DRuG MTA, SAMP, TeamSpeak and other servers