SandMan for DRuG (second try)

We're invite only but draw attention to us considering you
Bookmark and Share

SandMan for DRuG (second try)

Postby sandman on Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:04 am

well i have tried this before earlier in the year but i didn't get a response so im doing it now.

My in-game name is SandMan im preety familiar with the DRuG crew and the founder Nikt.
I have been wanting for this clan since january earlier this year i think the DRuG clan will good be for me because i am mostly dominant and derbies,i am a good racer but while i was away all my records go beaten(all 23) and because my ping slows me down (usually in the 259 area),and also i know html like i know the back of my hand which is 50% also i can script but im not that good :roll:

sandman
forum member
forum member

Re: SandMan for DRuG (second try)

Postby [DRuG]Mortal on Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:04 am

What was your other account/do you have one?

I have some questions, but first, let everyone else - mine are actually just about your web skills and how far that goes (marketing?).

Anyway, you seem pleasant, let's see how this goes, remember not to abandon your topic and to join in after the first post ;)

[DRuG]Mortal
[DRuG] member

I can't believe we will have to wait until 2014 to play GTA V on PC.

[DRuG] member

Postby sandman on Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:29 am

'it was on ags forums and it was sandman and my web skills are great! but i cant html because dream weaver doesnt work for me and my marketing ive never sold anything online except for 4 mp3's

sandman
forum member
forum member

Postby [DRuG]NikT on Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:05 am

Hi Sandman,

Since you requested last, I still haven't recruited any new people.

There is a reason for this.

DRuG is now 7 years old and has around 100 members, most of whom have known me for years through voice chat. For this reason, introducing new people has always been hard, as most of the crew know each other as well, also through voice chat - such that I know the crew gel well together.

When I look at how we used to recruit during our peak development periods, it was by collectively watching people over about 6 months, then recruiting the people we share common positive views about.

This system is not currently in place, such that, since signing up my last round of recruits, I decided to take things a lot slower... only admitting people after excessively long periods where it becomes apparent that a person should be a member - this usually happens naturally and hardly needs more than the person just going about their daily modding or other contributions to the scene, to the point that; we really feel stupid not rewarding them with a (well earnt) position in the crew.

I note you are/were assembling your own crew on AGS - this is fantastic! Don't think this will affect your expression of interest negatively - if anything, these are the sorts of activities that really pique my interest. I would suggest continuing with it - building communities takes time, but it is truly rewarding. Don't let the "Negative Nancy" element of the scene get you down - sometimes those putting in the most effort become the target of criticism by some - not all - by making a new collective in GTA, you may be competing in rep for the same people - but think about it - if there is some other crew out there giving you shit - are people really going to want to be a part of the group doing so?? I hate people that are out to ruin others' good times.

Once again, thanks for your expressions of interest - they don't go ignored.. but please don't expect us to be signing people up too often when voice chat & online activity in SA-MP and MTADM are going through such quiet periods... this is, however, about to change, with [DRuG]Mouldy, [DRuG]Killfrenzy, myself and a few others preparing new servers locally in Australia to coincide with MTADM 1.0's release - DRuG are being given a fast server that will be within the AGS network. ... expect exciting things afoot.

I look forward to continuing to monitor your activity Sandman - so far, you've really proven to be an asset to the community.. keep up the good work & thanks again for your interest.

"But my head's all messed up, so you better driive brother"

[DRuG]NikT
[DRuG] cofounder & your host

Check out the downloads and members areas on drugcrew.com

[DRuG] cofounder & your host
[DRuG] coleader
[DRuG] member
DRuG server admin
[AGS] member
]DR[ member

Postby sandman on Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:18 am