admin application

We're invite only but draw attention to us considering you
Bookmark and Share

Re: admin application

Postby [DRuG]NikT on Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:55 pm

Which also leads me to the question.. do we care?

Meh I say, MEH. :evilgrin:

"But my head's all messed up, so you better driive brother"

[DRuG]NikT
[DRuG] cofounder & your host

Check out the downloads and members areas on drugcrew.com

[DRuG] coleader
[DRuG] member
DRuG server admin
[AGS] member
]DR[ member

Postby DragonMaster on Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:23 am

OK I think it's time for all of you to know who the suspect is. Here comes the life story, well long enough for you to miss the name.........maybe. Here goes.

It was one week ago, maybe two or three on a certain day but I forgot the day. As usual I appeared in the DRuG server but no one else was there. I stayed there, waiting.......... 30min-1hour later acer6592 showed up. I think he asked me if I got admin yet, my reply? No. We were happily racing, typing and voting. That happened for a while.

Some time later lord showed up and started racing, typing and voting. He was pretty good, beat acer6592 and I a number of times.

Then.................(insert any drum roll here)................. I timed out.

I reconnected to the server. lord was gone but acer6592 was still there. He asked me if lord was an ass, I replied with one word, "maybe."

Another 30 or so minutes later (this is your suspect) [TDS]Shane0 turned up. We were in the middle of talking about admin stuff and then he began to interrupt. He said something like this................

"I don't think nikt is going to make anymore admins infact he might even be removing some admins."

And there's the story.

Credits:

[Dragon]Master for remembering all that stuff.

[Dragon]Master for typing all that stuff with good punctuation and spelling.

[Dragon]Master for proof reading all that stuff.

acer6592 for bringing this topic up.

[DRuG]Nikt for creating the forums.

The people who helped create a good forum.

And you for being able to read.

[Dragon]Master
Dragon:
1. A flying dinosaur.
2. Something that you'll never own.

Interesting facts:
1. DragonMaster is the commander of all dragons.
2. Only DragonMaster can call them Flynosaurs.

©569BC-1 second ago

DragonMaster
forum member
forum member

Postby [DRuG]NikT on Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:35 am

That would be in line with things I have suggested to him, but as with most heresay, is incorrect via misinterpretation on handover... I am happy with the current level of admins, but in an ongoing manner I monitor player activity and discussion, removing and assigning new admins where necessary or appropriate.

This, I guess, could be interpreted that I do plan on removing some people's admin... but it isn't something I may end up doing, depending on circumstances.

At the moment, for example, I am the only admin on the mtadm server, but this, of course, will not always be the case.

Key thing here to remember is, admin is not something one should look at taking on for fun... it's a job, and it will interfere with your continuous racing. Misusing it puts you at risk of losing respect with me, so it introduces other responsibilities as well.

Personally, I've been offered then almost had forced upon me the admin of various servers.. while I accept the responsibility when this happens, I don't look to it as something of massive bonus, as it means any time someone is cheating in the server, my game is ruined first.. since I'm expected to stop what I'm doing, spectate the cheater, verify it's a legit claim, then freeze/ban their arse... sounds good on the face of it.. but ultimately, most others just went on racing and enjoyed their sitting, while I fiddled and got pissy at someone.

Think about that. I consider all this, and the way in which admins are able to communicate and maintain these rules in the server, without ruining the vibe/fun spirit of the place. This is a pretty unique set of talents.. and a reason we should appreciate the patient work of these people, while not necessarily feeling like we need to do it ourselves... it's a very Zen lesson not to work doing that which you love.. unless you want to turn it into work, that is.

[DRuG]NikT

[DRuG] coleader
[DRuG] member
DRuG server admin
[AGS] member
]DR[ member

Postby [SiK]DemonSeed on Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:07 am

lol nice story and NikT you should seriously consider removing a guy's admin status, that guy abuses his admin every time I race with him. And he banned acer's brother cause he "thought" he was hacking, when if fact the guy was laggin like hell, I raced with him and unbanned all and he's not a cheater.

And for being an admin, I enjoy banning those POS hackers that makes everyone else's race miserable. sometimes I like to chase behind them and haunt them till they hack again, fun shit :D.

And I always take my admin seriously because if you abuse it you either a moron([ziiiing :mrgreen:)or a arrogant fuck that has no respect for other racers.
Last edited by [SiK]DemonSeed on Sat Jan 12, 2008 8:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

[SiK]DemonSeed
[SiK] member

Yeah, the drug server has been left out to die it seems.

[SiK] member

Postby DragonMaster on Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:39 pm

[TDS]Shane0 banned me for being afk because I had to answer the phone. Even though the ban was only for one minute, I think a kick would have been better.

[Dragon]Master
Dragon:
1. A flying dinosaur.
2. Something that you'll never own.

Interesting facts:
1. DragonMaster is the commander of all dragons.
2. Only DragonMaster can call them Flynosaurs.

©569BC-1 second ago

DragonMaster
forum member
forum member

Postby [SiK]DemonSeed on Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:41 pm

what a special little child.

better???
Last edited by [SiK]DemonSeed on Sat Jan 12, 2008 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[SiK]DemonSeed
[SiK] member

[SiK] member

Postby [DRuG]NikT on Sat Jan 12, 2008 6:30 pm

OK, this thread has become like a fucking choose-your-own-adventure.

For starters.. DRuG, as I hope you all agree, are a friendly clan. We're here to make as many people as possible enjoy their time with us.. a lot of us nerd like we do so we don't have to deal with people that are so nasty to us in real life.

For this reason, it's always been a DRuG rule just to 'be nice' - this involves even those that we dislike - they're often the biggest challenge as people to remain professional while working with. It is to both yours and their professional advantage if you lead the way to the correct way of managing things.

Key here is, if people cross the line, nastiness won't be required in order to prevent their actions in future.. They will no longer respect nor listen to your angle, because of the way the situ. has been handled.

In future, if we have a problem with an admin, or the way in which one of our servers is administered, could we all try to be a little more mature in our approach of resolving the problem.

For starters, there is a private 'server administration' thread area where the only people that should be discussing this might want to post next time.... as for those gossiping and passing around negative opinions that only serve to ruin someone elses night... please... don't lower yourself to someone's level when they need a whoopin' - handle it cold as ice please, so you know you're on the ethical high ground and that your actions are fair and ethical.

Calling someone a bitch and assembling a mob does little more than make 2 people's day's crap, and that shouldn't be the outcome we're attempting to achieve here... it should be to restore fair fun play to the server, not remove it from the forums.

[DRuG]NikT

[DRuG] coleader
[DRuG] member
DRuG server admin
[AGS] member
]DR[ member

Postby [SiK]DemonSeed on Sat Jan 12, 2008 8:33 pm

sry i was angry at the time, my bad, but he's not a very good admin that I know.

[SiK]DemonSeed
[SiK] member

[SiK] member

Postby [DRuG]NikT on Sat Jan 12, 2008 8:56 pm

Nah it's all good dude... it's just we have to keep it nice to show peepz how to play nice, or we're no different.

And I'm a stickler on these sort of conversations being only conducted in private areas, so only the relevant people are offering their opinion.

[DRuG]NikT

[DRuG] coleader
[DRuG] member
DRuG server admin
[AGS] member
]DR[ member

Postby [SiK]acer6592 on Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:39 am

But i will let you all have your own conversation on my admin application page that is fine with me so please feel free to keep posting LOL!!! I love reading it all it makes me feel welcome to drug every time i come on to the forums and thanks guys for maken me feel welcome!!!

If Any One Is After My Pc Specs Click Above!!!

[SiK]acer6592
[SiK] member
[SiK] member

PreviousNext

Return to Show interest in becoming a DRuG member