Walkman phones and bluetooth stereos.. new toyyyz

Talk about music, in or out of the GTA series
Bookmark and Share

Walkman phones and bluetooth stereos.. new toyyyz

Postby [DRuG]NikT on Sat Jan 26, 2008 3:12 pm

Well, this is really stretching the context of Music Chat, but I feel this will actually be suited to many more people than any one style thread...

I just bought a new phone... it supports Sony's M2 memory sticks, of which I have about 4Gb filled with techno sets I like. After being disappointed by fm transmission issues with crackling I was finding with my previous solution, I have also bought a new Sony stereo for $269 (normally $449 - Strathfield barrrgain) that supports bluetooth connection, so the car stereo can take calls and has a directionless mic built in, so anyone in the car can talk on the phone. Best part is, I can play all that techno using the walkman player on the phone, and it comes through on digital via bluetooth to the stereo, chrystal clear :geek:

This is particularly important for me, since my favourite style of music is tech/glitch - where the focus sounds are usually crackles and pops from synths, arranged into masterpieces... kinda doesn't work with fm fuzz due to reception issues - so this new way is working perfectly.. with both Nokia and Sony phones - best part was the plug was identical to my previous stereo, so installation was about 10 seconds & 4 screws.

Now for the photos....

Now for the websites for each:

http://www.xplodsony.com/article/Sony+MEX-BT2500

http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/product ... view/w910i

"But my head's all messed up, so you better driive brother"

[DRuG]NikT
[DRuG] cofounder & your host

Check out the downloads and members areas on drugcrew.com

[DRuG] coleader
[DRuG] member
DRuG server admin
[AGS] member
]DR[ member

Re: Walkman phones and bluetooth stereos.. new toyyyz

Postby flongdong on Sun Jan 27, 2008 12:13 pm

noice ;)

flongdong
[DRuG] member
[DRuG] member
[alr] member

Re: Walkman phones and bluetooth stereos.. new toyyyz

Postby [DRuG]NikT on Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:24 am

And tonight, got the speakers to match... keep in mind this is in a convertible with a soft roof, so we're not going for summernats standards here or anything..

http://www.sony-asia.com/product/xs-gtf ... hp_en_AP_i

$42 marked down from "$99" according to Strathfield.

Seems like an ok deal.

Hooked em up, they sound awesome.. are perfect for the stereo, even same series.. the stereo has an Xplod button, same branding as the speakers, the improvement when u hit it is awesome.. deeper richer bass close to that of a subwoofer.

Hooking them all up went perfectly, about 2 hours - door skins are fiddly.. one of the electric window controls came apart and I didnt realize until after I'd screwed everything back in, had to undo it all, then find all the bits scattered under the car, reassemble the contacts and lever for the electric window control (without knowing how it goes together), then disassemble it again as one of the bits was bent, replace the fuse it blew, reassemble, then it all worked.. hate it when stuff goes SPROING, don't you?

I say perfectly, back there, because that's just what I was saying, amongst other things, while searching for the little bits of metal under the car. At least this scout had some fuses he picked up at a $2 shop for umm. yeh... had em in the drawer for ages. :D Secured carparks rock, you get somewhere lit you can work on your car without getting too dirty.

"But my head's all messed up, so you better driive brother"

[DRuG]NikT

Check out the downloads and members areas on drugcrew.com

[DRuG] coleader
[DRuG] member
DRuG server admin
[AGS] member
]DR[ member

Return to Music Talk