Movie: Moon

Top 5 things to watch, ads ya can't stand? rant about it here
Bookmark and Share

Movie: Moon

Postby [DRuG]NikT on Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:28 am

While posting District 9, I realized I still haven't posted about Moon, which is also truly fkn awesome...

moon.JPG

http://www.sonyclassics.com/moon/

Synopsis:

An astronaut miner extracting the precious moon gas that promises to reverse the Earth's energy crisis nears the end of his three-year contract, and makes an ominous discovery in this psychological sci-fi film starring Sam Rockwell and Kevin Spacey. For three long years, Sam Bell has dutifully harvested Helium 3 for Lunar, a company that claims it holds the key to solving humankind's energy crisis. As Sam's contract comes to an end, the lonely astronaut looks forward to returning to his wife and daughter down on Earth, where he will retire early and attempt to make up for lost time. His work on the Selene moon base has been enlightening -- the solitude helping him to reflect on the past and overcome some serious anger issues -- but the isolation is starting to make Sam uneasy. With only two weeks to go before he begins his journey back to Earth, Sam starts feeling strange: he's having inexplicable visions, and hearing impossible sounds. Then, when a routine extraction goes horribly awry, it becomes apparent that Lunar hasn't been entirely straightforward with Sam about their plans for replacing him. The new recruit seems strangely familiar, and before Sam returns to Earth, he will grapple with the realization that the life he has created may not be entirely his own. Up there, hundreds of thousands of miles from home, it appears that Sam's contract isn't the only thing about to expire. - Jason Buchanan, All Movie Guide

"But my head's all messed up, so you better driive brother"

[DRuG]NikT
[DRuG] cofounder & your host

Check out the downloads and members areas on drugcrew.com

[DRuG] cofounder & your host
[DRuG] coleader
[DRuG] member
DRuG server admin
[AGS] member
]DR[ member

Re: Movie: Moon

Postby [DRuG]Grish on Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:45 pm

excellent movie.

I recommend this to everyone.

[DRuG]Grish
[DRuG] coleader

i eated a butter

[DRuG] coleader
[DRuG] member
[alr] member

Postby zog on Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:26 pm

yes, this movie is amazing. see it.

the soundtrack is also fabulous, low key melodic minimal acoustic sort of sounds

turns out done by Clint Mansell, guy from POP WILL EAT ITSELF who has made a name for himself doing movie soundtracks more recently.

other interesting bit of trivia is it was made by David Bowies son.. who for some reason changed his name from Zowie Bowie to Duncan Jones.

zog
root admin: zog.net.au
root admin: zog.net.au
[DRuG] coleader

Postby [DRuG]Rassilon on Tue May 25, 2010 5:59 pm

I loved Moon, its definitely gonna find its way into my collection eventually :)

[DRuG]Rassilon
[DRuG] member

not dead

[DRuG] member

Return to Movies & TV