Let The Right One In

Top 5 things to watch, ads ya can't stand? rant about it here
Bookmark and Share

Let The Right One In

Postby [DRuG]Rassilon on Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:45 pm

I first watched it months ago after my brother recommended it to me, i thought it was quite good and a little disturbing and but i also felt it was a more meaningful human/vampire love story than any I've seen on screen thus far.

I watched it again recently after Kevin Smith mentioned it in his Jay and Silent Bob Get Old podcast, he mentioned how he was shocked about the crotch scene but he did a little research and discovered there was alot more going on than 1st meets the eye.

After this second viewing i was hooked.
On my third viewing I was perfectly able to watch the movie without english subtitles and still understand the interactions perfectly, probably because i was watching the body language more. They really are very good actors.

I've never really been into love stories but this one hit me deep inside, because I feel I can connect with both Oskar and Eli to some extent, like they are 2 halves of the same lonely soul. Their physical ages matters not, we are all still children inside if we look hard enough.

I have watched alot of romance movies with my ex wife, I believe this one is the most touching love story I have ever witnessed, whats more i watched it alone.

[DRuG]Rassilon
[DRuG] member

not dead

[DRuG] member

Return to Movies & TV