New usb Bluetooth (jaycar xc4892) works with my car stereo

Technical - hardware, software, upgrades, building your PC
Bookmark and Share

New usb Bluetooth (jaycar xc4892) works with my car stereo

Postby [DRuG]NikT on Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:05 pm

So you may have noted in another thread, I recently picked up one of these...

(Jaycar xc4892 usb bluetooth adaptor with Toshiba bluetooth stack)

Anyway, the CD that came with it had the crappest version of my favourite Bluetooth stack - Toshiba, but 5.10.something - I downloaded the latest version of the standard Toshiba - v61010T_20080529_x32.exe - worked perfectly, even though Toshiba's site warns it's only for their laptops... so I get their latest greatest.. in a $30 USB dongle... shweeet.

So I take it for a test run.. unlike the version on the CD, this one actually sends and receives files first go - the CD version hadn't even worked at all?! But awesome - so it works ok so far...

I have a bluetooth car stereo.. next step was to see if it would pair with that.... surely things couldn't go that smoothly?

Yes.. first go, three devices are offered on bluetooth discovery - "Audio Synch", "Hands Free" and some other one relating to handsfree telephony.. neither of which matter coz they're a lower grade audio link and I have a bluetooth phone so thats not so important... in fact.. last thing I want the umpc doing is synching in place of the hands free for my phone.. so all configured... plays audio dream.. I even took a short video, though the quality is pretty crap.

http://nikt.zog.net.au/btsync.mpg (VCD format for max compatibility) 6.73Mb

"But my head's all messed up, so you better driive brother"

[DRuG]NikT
[DRuG] cofounder & your host

Check out the downloads and members areas on drugcrew.com

[DRuG] cofounder & your host
[DRuG] coleader
[DRuG] member
DRuG server admin
[AGS] member
]DR[ member

Return to Tech & PC Chat