MTA RACING LEAGUE *currently a project idea*

Gaming related rumors, ideas and general gaming stuff
Bookmark and Share

Re: MTA RACING LEAGUE *currently a project idea*

Postby [M4D]FULL_METAL on Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:56 pm

I think you are going about this the wrong way, as doing something like that could take up to a year of map making and heavy scripting, bug testing, and so forth.

NikT is right about the grid positions, a script that could do that would be great, that way its more like a prober tournament, but would also need a lot of time to get done, to make sure it is all working properly.

Best idea would be go around the community and find clans that would be willing to join this, then start from there, you would have a set number of clans, then set a number of members to represent them, after all, this is for a title of the best racing clan. once you have that, then start making maps around the criteria, watch the racers, see there strengths and weaknesses, then try and make a map around that, endurance racing would be one of the best type of maps, but try make it all terrain, it gets boring racing on the road all the time.

think about how long each map would need to go for, if you are going for endurance, a longish time would be good, say 10-15mins or longer, no longer then say 30, you want to keep the players interested after all. try to use a range of vehicles as well, maybe not constant vehicle swaps during a map, but on different maps now and then, or have random pick ups around the map for people to chose from, or as what SiK were use to, set up a voting on a main forums with a list of vehicles, the top voted vehicle is used.

Allow each clan to nominate a representative on the forum, one person gets to speak for the whole clan, that may leave a lot of stress on that person, but its better then a big spam fest and arguments happening every where.

I think you should make it something like a knock out tournament, each clan gives it all and after a series of racers, the ones with the lowest score gets knocked out and has to wait till the next tournament starts again, but make sure its got a few levels to go through, but you would need to do what i said earlier about seeing how many clans actually wish to participate in this

for example, im going to say 5 clans have said yes to this tournament

im going to say SiK, SKC, NIR, AGS and DRuG

the first series of races could be out of 5 maps,
and you would need to get a minimum of 3 points to get to the next stage

slowly raise the minimum level until you have your final two clans, but leave the last map a secret. that way nobody but the creator/admins will know what the map is like

thats just my thoughts on how to do it, hope it helps you out
I am not an ordinary alchemist
The cycle of life only goes one direction, not even alchemy can change that.
It's been a good while since I've killed anyone, I kinda miss it. Ya wanna watch?

[M4D]FULL_METAL
[M4D] member

SiK, Born and Bred

[M4D] member
[AGS] member
[DRuG] member

Postby TD Mystic on Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:23 pm

Meh, the scripting part wouldn't be too that hard imo.
Adiboy already made a grid script. He even included a lot of bonus's like 3 qualification rounds and racing for the best lap time instead of having to race the entire map ;)

But yeah... the MTA racing community would need to become a lot bigger to be able to succeed in organizing something like this...

TD Mystic
[SKC] member
[SKC] member

Postby [DRuG]NikT on Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:20 pm

Adi's scripts could be very useful for this.

I'd suggest alw, DRuG, SiK & SKC at very least would be interested.. I've gone so far as to set a member's role to race coordinator, such that he can arrange people within the clan that are willing to race, as well as help get the word out there with other clans etc.

I'd suggest we just need to develop this a little more, get enough people involved, be organized enough & it'd work nicely.

"But my head's all messed up, so you better driive brother"

[DRuG]NikT
[DRuG] cofounder & your host

Check out the downloads and members areas on drugcrew.com

[DRuG] cofounder & your host
[DRuG] coleader
[DRuG] member
DRuG server admin
[AGS] member
]DR[ member

Postby [M4D]FULL_METAL on Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:26 pm

getting the word out is the best thing to do so far
I am not an ordinary alchemist
The cycle of life only goes one direction, not even alchemy can change that.
It's been a good while since I've killed anyone, I kinda miss it. Ya wanna watch?

[M4D]FULL_METAL
[M4D] member

SiK, Born and Bred

[M4D] member
[AGS] member
[DRuG] member

Postby [SiK]Grim_Reeper on Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:15 am

Yes, to above comments.

I'm sure if people saw this as an idea, most people playing in RPG servers or DM etc etc would try and form their own clans for this particular event so 25 clans may not be out of the question.

Remember MTA is still growing and with the release of 1.0.4 we might get alot more people playing + more servers.

[SiK]Grim_Reeper
[SiK] member
[SiK] member

Previous

Return to Gaming Chat