MTA RACING LEAGUE *currently a project idea*

Gaming related rumors, ideas and general gaming stuff
Bookmark and Share

MTA RACING LEAGUE *currently a project idea*

Postby BluePaper on Mon May 24, 2010 3:22 pm

*Notice* i'm really not good at making pretty posts, and very aranged so i just posted the raw basic ideas as good as i could. If you don't understand something please ask*

So this is my idea of an Oficial Tournament that would have a large number of clans (16 to 32) batteling out to find out who is the best.
The set up and competition is similar to a football competition but with a few modifications which you can see below.
Now in order for this to work i need a small team to help me organize and get things done. Without dedication into this project i can assure you that we won't reach far and we will probably fail so without a full commitment and determination to make this the World Cup of MTA in which we would bring this game that we love to play and have fun a whole new breath of fresh air and a new type of competition. So have fun reading what i thought and tell me your suggestions and thoughts.

*~*~*~* MTA League 1 *~*~*~*
----------------------------
1. Clan 1
2. Clan 2
3. Clan 3
4. Clan 4
5. Clan 5
6. Clan 6
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
7. Clan 7
8. Clan 8
9. Clan 9
10. Clan 10
11. Clan 11
12. Clan 12
13. Clan 13
14. Clan 14
15. Clan 15
16. Clan 16

MTA League 2 will be mostly the same but positions 1 and 2 promote directly to MTA L1 and 3 and 4 play in the playoffs.
And that's about it for now.

Positions 1 & 2 - Qualify directly to the MTA Championship Cup.
Positions 3, 4, 5 & 6 - Playoff's to the MTA Championship Cup.
Position 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 & 12 - nothing happens to them.
Position 13 & 14 - Relegation playoff.
Positions 15 & 16 - Direct Relegation to MTA League 2.

Matches are played every Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Matches are booked by oficials from tuesday to thurdsay.
Oficials during the booking days talk with the Clan Leader in finding the best time for them to program the match.
The Season would take 30 weeks (with a 2 week "vacation" between seasons). Yes i know it's a very long
time. But this is because it's only one match a week per team, if a team would have 2 league matches, it would already preasure them because there's also cup matches and it would be more work for the oficials to program them.
So i guess that it would have to do for now.

*~*~*~* MTA Championship Cup *~*~*~*
************* Playoff **************
Group 1 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Group 2
Clan 3 ~~~~~~~~~vs~~~~~~~~~~ Clan 5
Clan 4 ~~~~~~~~~VS~~~~~~~~~~~ Clan 6

************* Semifinal *************
Group 1 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Group 2
Winner of the 1st play off match vs Clan 2
Clan 1 vs Winner of the 2nd play off match

************* Final *****************
Winner of 1st semifinal match vs Winner of the 2nd semifinal match

Top 6 teams battle off to decide who is the best. Who said winning the Leauge is enough?
The reason why only the top 6 teams play is because it's a short competition that will be played in between the seasons at the end of the season. It's a substitution for a "champions league".
Any suggestions about how i could make this better are welcome. :)

*~*~*~* MTA League Cup *~*~*~*
********* 1st Round **********
Clan x ~~~~~~~vs~~~~~~~ Clan x
********* 2nd Round **********
********** Sixteens **********

********* Quarter Final ******

******** semifinal ***********

*********** Final **************
Clan x ~~vs~~ Clan x

32 Clans enter the Cup... only one will win it!
1st Round. All 16 clans from MTA League 2.
2nd Round. 8 Clans from MTA League 1 play against the Clans that passed 1st round
sixteens. The Other 8 clans from MTA League 1 play against the clans that passed 2nd round
Quarter Final. The Clans that passed Sixteens play.
Semifinal. The Clans that passed quarter final play.
Final. The Clans that passed semifinal play.

~~*~~*~~ Federation ~~*~~*~~
Members ~~~~~~~~~~~~ Position
BluePaper ~~~~~~~~ Admin
... ~~~~~~~~~~ Admin
... ~~~~~~~~~~~~ Admin
... ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Mod
... ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Mod
... ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Mod
... ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Mod
...~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Mod

- So basically the federation members are the hard workers, they handle everything related to this
project from the games, matches and competion to the maps, server and forum.
- Admins take care of the maps, server and forum while mods take care of the
clans, matches and so forth, they mostly receive instructions and sometimes help the admins
- I admit that this sounds silly but i don't really have more ideas or better about this... if you have
some please share them if not then we'll do with this.

Rules about the league, matches and clans:

- Matches between clans will be held every Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Wednesdays are Cup Days.
- The MTA League Cup will be during the season. MTA Championship Cup will be held in between seasons.
- League matches will be programed from Tuesday to Thursday. MTA Federation officials will have to
talk with both of the team leaders to find the best time to play the match.
- Winning a match will grant the clan 3 league points. Players crossing the finnish line would bring a +1 point
(similar to goal scored) while being wasted and not finishing would bring a -1 point (similar to concealed goal) and the
difference between them to would make the difference should 2 or more clans be tied in the league.
- Game Officials would monitor the match very closely, writting down the players that finished and those who died or did not finish the race for the differences between players wasted and players that
crossed the line. OR by some way you could code so that everything will be made automatically by the server. Meaning having the server record and save the results, including points, for winning, crossing the finish line
not crossing the finish line and how many times you've been wasted. Depends if it's possible or not to have a comepletly functional scoring system or script.
- Matches are won by the clan who acumulated the most points during the match.
~ Matches are divided into 5 parts. In the 5 parts most of the maps will be chosen by the Game Oficials when the match is arranged, with different
types of races to test different driving skills. Points are awarded to the top 5 players that finished
the race. 1st gets 5 points, 2nd gets 4 points, 3rd gets 3 points, 4th gets 2 points and 5th gets 1 point.
The points go to the clan of the respective drivers. So at the end of the match, the clan who acumulated
the most points wins the match and gets the 3 league points. Along side the F (# of drivers that finished) and W/DNF (# of wasted/did not finish players) points
- The Matches will be held in a private server every week, OR a public server that only goes private when matches are programed. The Game Oficials (Admins) would monitor
the race and not participate in it. They would only spectate the players and take the nescesarry notes regarding players that
finished and players that were wasted or did not finish also they would keep on eye on those who would use cheats or hacks.
- Clans would be informed of the match day and the hour 1, 2 or 3 days before the match starts. And 1 hour before the match starts,
The Clan leader of both clans would be given the password (which will be unique for each match) so that he could gather his players
and join the server to prepare.
- Each Clan is given a 1 hour warm up before the match starts. Usually it's held in the official server where random maps would be played for them. And during the match, the maps that were selected by the game
oficials for the players to race in will usually be either new, unique or rare maps. This way it would be more competitive if almost no one should know the track.
- Clan Leaders must choose 5 of his best drivers to be in the match. A Clan should have a recommended 8 or more... 8 is the minimum clan members that should be used during the season and in a match (5 oficial drivers and 3 reserves).
- Before the season starts, each clan must have at least 8 players to oficially play in the League. This means that they have to be very active. 5 of them will play in matches and the other 3 will be reservers.
The reserves take over ones place if another is offline. During a match there can be a maximum of 3 substition, meaning that if a clan started with 5 players and by the middle of the match one of them
went offline, someone else from his clan can take his place and continue. There are 1 minute pause between matches, in which to make substitutions and discuss tactics regarding the match.
- In 6 times of the season, a clan can draft players (meaning kicking a player from the original 8 lineup due to either poor performance or has been seriously inactive or offline) and bring a fresh active player who is stil from the same clan.
- A draft would take a week and will be announced 1 week before by the Federation.
- The Clan that would sponsor the federation with expenses towards making this project better and better will get official advertising space in both forums and oficial videos and other extras (Note that they will not get an unfair advantage over others no matter how much they would donate.)

Requirements:
- A forum. Basically besides the server it's the other vital part of this project, there everything will happen outside the servers. It's recommended that we use a fresh new forum cause sharing one would
end up to be too crowded and more confusing. I want something free for now very practical and able to have different themes, even custom made if possible.
- Custom made server. This you may thing may be more complicated, but if you're very experienced it shouldn't be that hard to understand what i'm trying to say (me being a noob in coding and stuff). The server could be used all the time so activity won't be a problem, but on Wednesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday
the server should be closed 1 hours before the matches start so that the clans could join and warm up. One hour before the match starts, the server will still be open but private and the Clan leaders would be given
passwords for him and their players to acces the server and warm up before the match starts. After the last match of the day, the servers go public again.
- Scoring System. If possible we could use a scoring system that would be totally automatic so at the end of the match we would only take the results and publish it on the forum. This would be easier for the oficials so that they would only focus on the racers and not keeping score of things.
~ Things that should be scored.
1. wins - As i said above, the top 5 drivers that finished gets points (5p 1st place, 4p 2nd place, 3p 3 place, 2p 4th place and 1p 5th place).
2. Finishes - This works like the goal scored/conceived system that determines who is in advantage in case of a tie. Every driver gets 1 point for crossing the line, even if he is last. NOTE that this has nothing to do with nr. 1 point system.
3. Wasted/Did not Finish - This is the same as above only in negative points. Each driver is pointed 1 negative point for every death and not crossing the finish line. This, along sine nr. 2 point system work together to balance out clans in case of ties.
- The maps should be unique, rare or new. It is very much adviced that the maps should be as fresh as possible so that the racers would have a fair chance to finish it. A person that would know the map very well would have an unfair advantage. The federation
will handle all maps during the week. Submissions for new maps will be held open most of the time. We'll accept maps from anyone if they are good enough after testings.
- And of course i need federation members to help keep order and make everything without delays or problems.

*A short story about me. I started playing a few days ago in -]ALW[- server and i got this idea to bring back to life competitions in MTA. This is meant to be official, any clan can join.*

So i've posted here cause i'm sure you guys are pro's and want some fun so... this could be made then DRuG is more than welcome and show off your skillz. :)

Maybe a few of you can help me get this done. Currently i'm searching for people to help me, i've talked to a few from ALW and waiting for their answers.
I'll come back later...

BluePaper
forum member
forum member

Re: MTA RACING LEAGUE *currently a project idea*

Postby Choma on Mon May 24, 2010 7:14 pm

Surely there is a less confusing way to have a tournament?
To me, the ladder/league system seems a tad convoluted.

Nice idea though, has real potential to bring something new to MTA - Organized Racing
possibly prizes? even sponsorships, who knows...
get enough people interested and it could be fun & possibly profitable.
My quantum milk machine brings all girls to every yard

Choma
DRuG server admin

Tired lines get very tiring... *yawn*

DRuG server admin

Postby BluePaper on Mon May 24, 2010 7:46 pm

It's confusing cause i suck at making it look simple... a personal fault of mine :).

But if made it would look simpler... or i think more confusing... who knows.

Basically it's so... *complex* because i cover it from every angel. This way it will be well organised, though changes can happen when the majority want to from polls and public opinions.

And yes, i thought of sponsorships and even a profit, but most of the profit would to towards making this bigger and better, and of course prizes for winners so that more and more would join and fight for the win. :)

And i wait for suggestions to make this better. And by suggestions i mean 20+ replies a day from 10 different users.. or even more to provide constructive feedback or even help so that may be done sooner than we expect.
I'll come back later...

BluePaper
forum member
forum member

Postby Choma on Mon May 24, 2010 8:33 pm

what about something smaller to begin with - if it goes well, then expand it, keeping up interest for the 30 weeks might be hard for some people, and other commitments might take priority - just a thought.

As for the ladder, i was thinking something much similar, like what GameFaqs.com uses for its Character Battles each year, four teams or pplz battle it at once to advance to the next round. howeever many rounds are needed is based upon how many teams there are divided by 4.
take two winners from each round to make the next round. continue on till you have the final 4, and then 2, then your final winner.

If thats kinda what you had in mind anyways, then my bad, havn a hard time reading that info you posted :?

an other thought, is that when you have the final 8 or 12, make it a knockout race to determine the winner - all at once, these 8-12 brave road warriors race, last in each match gets their heads asploded. Winner gets .... not asploded?
All joking aside, a knockout is a quick and simple way to whittle down the competition. all thats needed is a script to kill the last person in each lap, so youd hafta have 7-11 laps to determine the winner. once again, just throwin ideas around.
My quantum milk machine brings all girls to every yard

Choma
DRuG server admin

Tired lines get very tiring... *yawn*

DRuG server admin

Postby [SiK]Grim_Reeper on Tue May 25, 2010 11:33 am

Hmm not a bad idea me thinks.

I'm sure we (SiK) would end up participating in this, or helping out if needed.

[SiK]Grim_Reeper
[SiK] member
[SiK] member

Postby TD Mystic on Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:05 am

Finally got around to signing up on these forums, so hi [blush]

Just wanna say that this'll probably be a pain to organize. (are there even 32 race clans in MTA? nvm 32 decent ones? )

Well, if you decide to go trough with this and you manage to actually organise it, we're in [mrgreen]
Good luck ;-)

TD Mystic
[SKC] member
[SKC] member

Postby [DRuG]NikT on Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:49 am

Welcome to the forums dude.

Yeh I have the same issue with Championships - it's very hard to get all the good racers in the one server at one time.. also there's the issue of how you fairly organize grid positions - I'd suggest the approach is to specify the run order of the races on the server, with a qualifying round prior, in order to auto-establish the grid order.

There's nothing more frustrating than being at the very back during a champ match, especially if you placed quite well in the prior round or get stuffed up in an early heat & pay for it with bad gridding in all following rounds.

"But my head's all messed up, so you better driive brother"

[DRuG]NikT
[DRuG] cofounder & your host

Check out the downloads and members areas on drugcrew.com

[DRuG] cofounder & your host
[DRuG] coleader
[DRuG] member
DRuG server admin
[AGS] member
]DR[ member

Postby [SiK]DemonSeed on Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:19 am

TD Mystic wrote:Finally got around to signing up on these forums, so hi [blush]

Just wanna say that this'll probably be a pain to organize. (are there even 32 race clans in MTA? nvm 32 decent ones? )

Well, if you decide to go trough with this and you manage to actually organise it, we're in [mrgreen]
Good luck ;-)

Hey fag :D

Your the only one in your clan that is worthwhile or worth talking to.
Since you actually make a effort to join other forums and servers to see what's up.

And this looks interesting but it will be really hard to pull off.

[SiK]DemonSeed
[SiK] member

Yeah, the drug server has been left out to die it seems.

[SiK] member

Postby [SiK]Grim_Reeper on Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:35 am

I was sure there was a older championship like this back in mta race or older versions. It had a website for it and stuff..

Surely someone here remembers anything about that and how it was run, could give ideas if anyone knew about it.

My memory could serve me wrong.

[SiK]Grim_Reeper
[SiK] member
[SiK] member

Postby TD Mystic on Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:00 am

The only one I remember is that russian MRL. That wasn't really a championship though.
The MTA racing community is still nowhere as big as it should be, everybody's busy playing DD or roleplaying :-/
I guess the closest thing to a race championship MTA has now is our weekly formula one champ. While it is quite nice (custom tracks from 3d-modelling ftw lol!), it's completely different from normal racing and it only has about 20 active participants...

I'd love to see some kinda rally/circuit style event where all the decent racers face off, but I don't know if it'd be possible to get enough people involved...

Rao's champ was fairly popular at the beginning though, perhaps that's an idea worth looking in to?

TD Mystic
[SKC] member
[SKC] member

Next

Return to Gaming Chat