What Are You Playing At The Moment?

Gaming related rumors, ideas and general gaming stuff
Bookmark and Share

Re: What Are You Playing At The Moment?

Postby [DRuG]Mortal on Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:36 pm

I just played through the Painkiller: Heaven Has A hero or something like that demo today - that was pretty good, but became VERY repetitive very fast. It is a FPS from like 2004, I got the demo on the steam platform and found the first level to be pretty amazing for a stake-shooting, soul-collecting old-world-ish styled game, but again, it became very repetitive, with the first level's enemies looking pretty cool, while the second level introduced some orange and blue sword fighters who were all but gay.

The level design was decent, however there are points where you can climb up to an empty area and can't jump through, though you can clearly see that you need to be there. Invisible walls/Surprise collision is teh eww. I was playing on easy, or, 'daydream' difficulty, and it seemed like there were wayyyyyy too many enemies, but they tend to do wayyyyy too little damage (I am assuming at this point that difficulty controls only the hit points of enemies and theirs on you, not the amount of them, nor their intelligence).

Also a flaw in level design is that I can simply escape many of the enemies by climbing a pile of cubes primitives - errr - bricks, watching the enemy run around all stupid saying shit I don't understand in a deep voice (think head crabbed zombies in HL2) as I pick them off one by one from the safety of... inside a very low fountain. lol..

However, all that aside, it is a fun and challenging game. Pretty new genre for me, I pretty much only played SA/MTA the past few years.

Which brings me to... Trackmania! Will be making a topic about it soon. Awesome racing game, freeware, was used/dev'd for use at tournaments or w/e. Good game, very fun, almost addictive, VERY much similar to MTA in that you make your own tracks (if you want) and some of the jumps and loops will make you feel at home.

What is awesome is that your car only collides with the level - no vehicle collisions (since the whole game is actually based on time trial, you can start over with the push of a button, and keep starting over, and try to get the best time, it's pretty amazing fun). Play trackmania - it's fun. As said, I will post a topic about this soon once I have the ins and outs, I bet we could PWN the leader boards - I climbed to like 220th place in a multi-million player game in just a few hours - then the climb slowed. Still, if you know me in MTA....

Then you know I average between 5th and 13th place each race on little whitey's (I tend to finish in those positions, in between them), and most of our affils and crew members always finish ahead of me - so if we flooded a room and pwnt, we'd be on that map too xD

[DRuG]Mortal
[DRuG] member

I can't believe we will have to wait until 2014 to play GTA V on PC.

[DRuG] member

Postby flongdong on Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:22 pm

sounds good jerz, as previously stated, i have played trackmania, loved it, left it. (i played with keyboard :cry:)

BUT.. i could 'steal' my friends force feedback steering wheel, as he never uses it. WOOOOO TRACKMANIA!!!

oh yeah, and painkiller (heaven's got a hitman :P) was ok, got boring, like you said, though. only even finished ~1/5 of the game. *sigh*

flongdong
[DRuG] member
[DRuG] member
[alr] member

Postby [DRuG]NikT on Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:31 pm

I used to be very addicted to Trackmania Sunrise.. the payware big brother of the free trackmania - has synched mods including horn, people have their horns set to a few beats of their favourite track and generally blast it as they fly past you... absolutely awesome scene with clans and server side community maps... only reason I prefer mta is the ground isnt flat and the vehicles have independent suspension and handling in mta.

Some vehicles I have released for trackmania:

As with many of my Trackmania mods, this one is modelled on a zero grav racer - highlighting the similarity to the wipeout series of games...

Just had to be done - didn't it? with the horn set as "after 5 years on the east coast.. it was time to go homme" - as you fly past people they type in chat "CEEEJAYYYY!!" - truly awesome fun... Also another wipeout inspired effort.

This one I never got around to releasing, but looks really nice with the reflective screen.

This one isn't mine, but a favourite of mine... the custom cars autoinstall via one click on a web page using the custom TMUP protocol built for trackmania modding.

And last but not least - this one, as seen in San Andreas.. The Macross Jet, released on http://drugcrew.com Nov 3rd 2005 (currently page 10 on our site) - Download here.

"But my head's all messed up, so you better driive brother"

[DRuG]NikT
[DRuG] cofounder & your host

Check out the downloads and members areas on drugcrew.com

[DRuG] coleader
[DRuG] member
DRuG server admin
[AGS] member
]DR[ member

Postby [DRuG]Mortal on Sat Jul 12, 2008 6:49 am

That's so awesome.

There are a lot of videos featuring that CJ/Kart conversion, check it out on youtube - so cool to now know you did it lol.

flongdong, get it! I have a PS2 hardware adapter (not just wire and softdrivers, it has a chip and by the time it reaches the PC it reads as a standard USB HID and works without a CD, it was like 6 bucks and I can plug in 2 PS2 controllers. That way you don't need to rip off your homey's wheel or fiddle with some new form controller :D

Here's a pic of it http://image4.play-asia.com/350/PA.02929.001.jpg

I got it on amazon, it looked slightly different on the site, but I won't complain, works great and the response it just as fast as if it was plugged right into the PS2 itself :D

I've been playing with the source SDK again with about 30 hours logged over the past two weeks. Trying to get to know it intimately enough to make a full-on game. A total conversion. I'm totally interested in working with anyone who is interested in the source engine for hl2 singleplayer, CSS, or SDK Base/Create A Mod total conversions. ;)

[DRuG]Mortal
[DRuG] member

I can't believe we will have to wait until 2014 to play GTA V on PC.

[DRuG] member

Postby [SiK]DemonSeed on Sat Jul 12, 2008 8:09 am

[DRuG]Jerz wrote:flongdong, get it! I have a PS2 hardware adapter (not just wire and softdrivers, it has a chip and by the time it reaches the PC it reads as a standard USB HID and works without a CD, it was like 6 bucks and I can plug in 2 PS2 controllers. That way you don't need to rip off your homey's wheel or fiddle with some new form controller :D

Here's a pic of it http://image4.play-asia.com/350/PA.02929.001.jpg

I got it on amazon, it looked slightly different on the site, but I won't complain, works great and the response it just as fast as if it was plugged right into the PS2 itself :D

Yeah I have a similar one just like that, in fact I plugged mine into my ps3 and the ps2 controllers worked, rumble and everthing! :D

[SiK]DemonSeed
[SiK] member

Yeah, the drug server has been left out to die it seems.

[SiK] member

Postby flongdong on Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:16 pm

nice :P i have something similar my step brother made a few years ago. modded a ps2 extension to plug into a parallel port, and works with ntpad. all i've used it for is super mario bro's, lol. i did try it once with gta, but it didnt seem very good. couldnt use both joysticks :(

flongdong
[DRuG] member
[DRuG] member
[alr] member

Postby [DRuG]Rassilon on Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:20 am

Exile 2: The Nameless
Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004
Nexuiz

[DRuG]Rassilon
[DRuG] member

not dead

[DRuG] member

Postby [DRuG]NikT on Sat Jul 19, 2008 1:08 pm

<shameless plug>
DRuG has a subcrew of people that enjoy flight simulator... I have produced quite a few mods for it, including the Dodo from GTA to replace a Cessna - it even does instrument assisted landings.

http://drug.kicks-ass.net is the web site for DRuG Transit, where stacks of mods for fs2004 (by me) are available, as well as stacks of screenshots of plane mods and multiplayer action that I'm sure would inspire any flight simmer.
</shameless plug>

[DRuG]NikT

[DRuG] coleader
[DRuG] member
DRuG server admin
[AGS] member
]DR[ member

Flat Out Ultimate Carnage

Postby [DRuG]NikT on Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:29 am

Just installed Flat Out Ultimate Carnage - Derbies, Destruction and general mayhem... with multiplayer.

Normally I've been quite a fan of this series, but in the latest one, I find they have taken the direction of making everything look like its still for xbox, while the graphics/gameplay is bent more towards pretty effects than smooth gameplay... my system is quite powerful, and seems to manage the graphics, but they simply dont flow with the same tactility as GTA... a lot like Need for Speed - too many sweet effects and not enough work on the cars handling and world physics.

Not a huge fan - back to MTA.

[DRuG]NikT

[DRuG] coleader
[DRuG] member
DRuG server admin
[AGS] member
]DR[ member

Postby flongdong on Sun Sep 14, 2008 12:40 am

now burnout revenge, theres a game :geek:

played spore for a while, got to the start of space stage. fun fun! grish and widgit, you tried it yet? silly question, i know. :D

flongdong
[DRuG] member
[DRuG] member
[alr] member

PreviousNext

Return to Gaming Chat