What games you have on preorder or do you intend to buy ?

Gaming related rumors, ideas and general gaming stuff
Bookmark and Share

What games you have on preorder or do you intend to buy ?

Postby [DRuG]Shane0 on Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:41 am

Hey there all this is just a basic thread to let people know what games you are getting soon and if you want leave a brief description of it and possibly if you know when its coming out. This is so it can inform others of games that are out there that they might be interested in.

Example i never knew there was GRID around until about a month ago or so when i saw it mentioned on ags forums, so i went out and bought it and now i play it regularly and love the game.

Anyways ill start off:

GTA 4 for PC - I'm pretty sure everyone knows what it is the latest installment of GTA thats all i know so far unfortunately lolz. Release date in Australia is mid November, i can confirm when i dig up my preorder receipt.
Saints Row 2 for PC - Unfortunately im not to familar on what the story line will be either but i played saints row 1 on 360 and i expect it to be just as good if not better. I find it somewhat a mix between GTA 2 or 3 (i forget which one) and San Andreas (for saints row 1). It had nicely modelled vechiles and a reasonably good storyline. I'm hoping that with Saints Row 2 being released on PC that it will be able to take advantage of multi player and be customisble like vice city and San Andreas is in regards to vechiles and maps etc. Release date of PS3/ 360 is October 15th i think and November 3rd for PC.

And both are comptabile with my x box 360 controller for PC. :geek:

[DRuG]Shane0
[DRuG] member
[DRuG] member
[TDS] member
[CJS] member
]DR[ member

Re: What games you have on preorder or do you intend to buy ?

Postby [DRuG]NikT on Sun Oct 12, 2008 1:53 pm

I will definitely be getting GTAIV when it comes out..

Regarding the xbox controller - gotta say I've researched this quite a bit, being an obsessed gadget freak, I usually MUST have everything - and that little keyboard accessory for the xbox controller had me looking closer... BUT WAIT - in the end, I walked away, congratulating myself on avoiding a foolish mistake... one that I can't believe Microsoft have made.. oh hang on, wait.. I can. :evilgrin:

Anyway, without spoiling the surprise.. first I'll show you two pictures.. see if you can spot why I decided that the Xbox controller is a complete waste of space, driven by M$ $tupidity..

First, the controller I say is teh pwnage..

Next, M$'s game pad, complete with and without its awesome little keyboard accessory..

Can anyone tell me why it just didn't feel right, all the way to the store to buy it?

Here's what I noticed at the last minute...

Wasn't it in the 80s that we stopped using the 4 way on/off control pad under our thumb as the main controller?

I thought Sony helped us do away with this very limited control with their little joysticks on the Playstation - for steering cars, this sort of analog control gives you way more control over the car - stuffed if I want my main control shifted up and to the left like it's a secondary?!

"But my head's all messed up, so you better driive brother"

[DRuG]NikT
[DRuG] cofounder & your host

Check out the downloads and members areas on drugcrew.com

[DRuG] coleader
[DRuG] member
DRuG server admin
[AGS] member
]DR[ member

Postby Capsinurass on Sun Oct 12, 2008 2:19 pm

Yeah GTA 4 is right up the top of my buying list, so is Left 4 Dead by Valve ( ohh no i think i have become a Valve Fanboy :0) it is just a typical zombie shoot em up which everyone out these days loves.

Jagged Alliance 3 is one game i have been waiting for, this is the 3rd game (if you don’t could the expansions) the last one (JA2) was released in 1999, that’s right almost 10 years for the 3rd one but it says its released is sometime around Q1 2010 which i think is a load of BS, it has been delayed many times but this has been the biggest setback so far. The game is a TBS (Turn based Strategy) with guns, it might not sound that good but if it is anywhere near JA2 i will be playing for a long time. The environment (well at least in JA2, all the details of JA3 haven’t yet been confirmed) is all open the min you step into game you can go anywhere you like.

C&C Red Alert 3, Now who doesn’t know the C&C series. Although i played the beta and found the MP to be the same as all RTS (Real Time Strategy) games (all you need to do is rush FTW <- gay). Im more in for the fact that it’s a C&C game, i have been playing them for ages and as long as they keep making the ill keep playing them :D. Release This October <- holy shit!!!

Diablo 3, all i can say is holy shit, This game looks so fucking good!! After my friend told me to DL Diablo 2 (cracked :S) i played SP for ages (and finished both the normal game and expansion). This made me wish i could play on battle net (but im to cheep to pay for an old game, the game was 5 years old at that time) So we direct IP played for some time. After i found out that they were making a 3rd i knew i had to buy this game when it came out. I don’t know the release day for this game.

Capsinurass slap NikT, thats not a game its a controller!! You went a shit load of topic there, me thinks NikT should ban himself for going off topic :D

Capsinurass
[DRuG] member
[DRuG] member
[alr] member

Postby [DRuG]NikT on Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:36 pm

I'm going to also interpret this as games you intend to begin playing shortly.. here's some of mine..

Monopoly 2008
Spore
Lego Star Wars II - The original trilogy

All PC, of course.. I refuse to get another console and maintain so many platforms.

[DRuG]NikT

[DRuG] coleader
[DRuG] member
DRuG server admin
[AGS] member
]DR[ member

Postby [DRuG]Davo on Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:56 pm

Depending on whether my computer can run them:

- GTA IV
- RA3

Ideally, I'd also get:

- Fallout 3
- Far Cry 2
- Starcraft 2
- Diablo 3
- Saints Row 2
- Left 4 Dead
- Fifa 09/PES 09
- Call of Duty 5

[DRuG]Davo
[DRuG] member
[DRuG] member
[alr] member

Postby [DRuG]Grish on Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:46 pm

i only have 2 on my list currently.

diablo 3
gta iv on pc

[DRuG]Grish
[DRuG] coleader

i eated a butter

[DRuG] coleader
[DRuG] member
[alr] member

Postby [DRuG]Mortal on Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:08 am

GTA IV. When it comes to PC it will be bought, however I probably wont even be able to run it for months after that lol.

I agree, that controller is teh pwnage, except I use the real PS2 controller with hardware adapter now (not just a wire adapter that needs drivers, this one actually converts the signal to the kind XP can use 'out-of-box')

Love Logitech's better pads, but since I really only play GTA with a controller (anything else I happen into once in a while like HL2/CSS is M&K only for me) it is perfect for me to use the PS2 controller :)

So yea, GTAIV is on my list, but other than that I'm really not excited about anything.

Next half life, whenever that ends up announced, I'm up for that, and I still need to get HL2 Ep 2 to complete my collection, but the only thing, again, that has me hyped is GTA IV PC :)

[DRuG]Mortal
[DRuG] member

I can't believe we will have to wait until 2014 to play GTA V on PC.

[DRuG] member

Postby [SiK]Demiveil on Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:38 pm

Forgive me if I'm wrong NikT, but from what I read of your little controller comments you were saying the 360 controller was bad as it had moved the left thumbstick from its primary postion....having had significant experience with the 360 controller I can say its position is far more useful and natural feeling to use then placed centrally as on the controller you consider to be the pwnage.

Personal opinion I guess, but I feel the move was to make the thumbstick more primary as opposed to less.

Oh and to keep it on topic GTAIV, seems rather obvious, and not very unique seeing as everyone else here is....

[SiK]Demiveil
[DRuG] member

Wooo just got me a new job :) Uni pays off after all.

[DRuG] member
[SiK] member

Postby [DRuG]Shane0 on Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:43 pm

Sorry for the thread revival but here is a bit of a updated list:
I got Godfather 2 on preorder and intend to also preorder mafia 2 :D probably might get another one or two games later who knows.

[DRuG]Shane0
[DRuG] member
[DRuG] member
[TDS] member
[CJS] member
]DR[ member

Postby [DRuG]NikT on Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:59 pm

DRuG is pretty chill when it comes to bumping topics, relevance and all that shit - I would much prefer a relaxed environment where people are free to share whatever they feel like - without some bean counter nazi pulling them up on it.

It's also good to hear what new games people consider, over time, speaking specifically of this thread.

[DRuG]NikT

[DRuG] coleader
[DRuG] member
DRuG server admin
[AGS] member
]DR[ member

Next

Return to Gaming Chat