Study on modding

Gaming related rumors, ideas and general gaming stuff
Bookmark and Share

Study on modding

Postby moddingsurvey on Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:37 pm

Dear GTA-modders,

My name is Jesper and I am a student at the University of Amsterdam where I am doing my Master's degree in Communication Studies. In late May, I did an interview with [DRuG]NikT about modding for video games.
This interview was part of my Master-thesis, which is to be submitted to the University of Amsterdam in.

I have now released a survey, which is also about modding for video games and the results will be used exclusively for my thesis. The subject of my master's thesis is video game modding

The survey is only relevant for users to participate in if they are engaged in creating mods for video games.

I hope that as many of you possible will be willing to spend 5-10 minutes on filling out the survey. Should you be interested in the results I will be happy to send you a summary of these.
If you know of any other modders, I would appreciate if you could tell them about this survey.

The survey can be accessed using this link: http://www2.fmg.uva.nl/comlab/surveys/Modding_Video_Games_2008.html and NOT the link mentioned in the survey - the correct link will be inserted on Monday.

Best regards,
Jesper
Last edited by moddingsurvey on Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

moddingsurvey
VIP Guest
VIP Guest

Re: Dear modders,

Postby [DRuG]NikT on Sun Jun 29, 2008 11:39 am

Hi folks,

I hope you can all help Jesper, here... he has conducted quite a professional inquiry and it would be really good if we can give him all the help he needs.

NikT

"But my head's all messed up, so you better driive brother"

[DRuG]NikT
[DRuG] cofounder & your host

Check out the downloads and members areas on drugcrew.com

[DRuG] cofounder & your host
[DRuG] coleader
[DRuG] member
DRuG server admin
[AGS] member
]DR[ member

Re: Study on modding

Postby [DRuG]Mortal on Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:55 pm

Survey completed - Interesting, I hope to learn more about the motive to your research (beyond assignment) and how it works, what are the goals?

The curiosity I extend above is also a great way to describe why we mod, too:

I didn't see anything pertaining to this, but the number one reason (assumed) has got to be that modders are the kind of people that --> we all seem to enjoy knowing How Stuff Works - to some extent.

[DRuG]Mortal
[DRuG] member

I can't believe we will have to wait until 2014 to play GTA V on PC.

[DRuG] member

Postby moddingsurvey on Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:30 am

Hi all,

I see that some of you have already completed the survey, thanks - that is a great help.

And to [DRuG]Jerz - combined with the interviews (qualitative method) and the survey (quantitative method) the goal is to discover the motiviation for creating mods for video games. At the moment I cannot go into much more detail. But later I will sent you the summary of the results/thesis.

To [DRuG]NikT: Thanks for the support!

moddingsurvey
VIP Guest
VIP Guest

Postby [DRuG]KillFrenzy on Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:58 am

Yeah I've done the survey earlier today. Honest answers :P

Hope you the best in your degree.

[DRuG]KillFrenzy
[DRuG] member
[DRuG] member
[alr] member