[MTA:SA RACE] MTA with GTA:SA V1.01

Gaming related rumors, ideas and general gaming stuff
Bookmark and Share

[MTA:SA RACE] MTA with GTA:SA V1.01

Postby DazzaJay on Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:59 pm

Hi all.

I have noticed at the MTA:SA Forums that over time have been a lot of threads of people asking if they can run MTASA with San Andreas V1.01
and most of the time, it results in some random (Sometimes even Moderators) telling them to Fuck Off, and then shortly after the topic becomes locked.

Well, for all those people, i can gladly say that YES, MTASA WILL RUN WITH v1.01 of the game IF ceartian modifications are made.

And heres the walkthru:

For people wanting to Upgrade to V1.01
ok, its fairly simple, Make sure your v1.0 of san andreas is installed allready. Make sure MTA:SA is installed and runs.
Make a Backup of your ORIGINAL V1.0 GTA_SA.EXE file (Found in \Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas\)
Then Install the V1.01 Update.
After the V1.01 Update is installed, replace the new .exe with the GTA_SA.EXE that you made a backup of.
Then load MTA and it will all work fine.

That is the method that i used to update to V1.01 to get rid of a LOT of the Sound Dropouts caused often by "Bounce Mines"

For people who allready have v1.01
You will need to get a Hold of an Original V1.0 GTA_SA.EXE (If you have patched up to 1.01 manually, then the gta_saexe that you want is on the CD/DVD) If you dont have the V1.0 Exe on your CD/DVD, then you can get one from http://www.megagames.com/cracks/html/c915890_0.htm *
(i reccomend the Hoodlum Version of this download as i have used it and it works fine.)
Once you have replaced the GTA_SA.EXE with a V1.0 GTA_SA.EXE you should be able to Install and Run MTASA without any problems.

I hope this solves many peoples Questions about getting MTA to work with V1.01 of GTA:SA.

-Dan

Disclaimer:
* Daniel Fitzgerald, Pothole Studios and affiliates are NOT responceable How you use the link that has been posted in this thread, We do Not Encourage Piracy of games in Any Way-Shape-or form.
IF you own a LEGALLY PAID FOR copy of the game, then you are allowed to Download a No-CD crack for yout OWN PERSONAL USE.

(Unless its an EA Game, then for all hell, i hope that company gets pirated to shit, earns no money and has to close down)

DazzaJay

Re: [MTA:SA RACE] MTA with GTA:SA V1.01

Postby [DRuG]NikT on Sun Oct 28, 2007 1:16 am

wow... I thought it was only the exe that included updates, but I aint been anywhere near an update anyway... in my experience rockstar's updates are always a step back and only worth using if u have serious issues.

"But my head's all messed up, so you better driive brother"

[DRuG]NikT
[DRuG] cofounder & your host

Check out the downloads and members areas on drugcrew.com

[DRuG] cofounder & your host
[DRuG] coleader
[DRuG] member
DRuG server admin
[AGS] member
]DR[ member

Postby DazzaJay on Sun Oct 28, 2007 1:50 am

Well, how often have you had all game sound drop out except for the radio on a map with Bounce Mines?

here is the V1.01 Patch notes:

ADDITIONS
-----------

- Added support for 720p and 1080i HDTV resolutions (may also do 1080p, not sure).

- Version Number displayed on game title screen.

BUGS FIXED
------------

- Issue fixed on machines where the OS has been updated (one OS installed over top of another) and has 2 registry keys that point to the users "My Documents" folder (we incorrectly used to assume the Win2000 folder, now correctly uses the last installed OS folder) - users know this as "user account period bug".

- Crash when entering advanced display options with only 32 meg of video ram (32 meg of video ram is not supported and will only allow use of 640*480 in 16 and 32 bit. At this resolution it is likely you will see the "Black Roads" LOD problem). We do NOT however disallow machines with 32 meg of video ram from running GRAND THEFT AUTO: San Andreas.

- Crash when entering advanced display options on a dual monitor machine after :- starting game on primary monitor in maximum resolution, exiting, starting again in maximum resolution on secondary monitor. Secondary monitor maximum resolution had to be greater than maximum resolution of primary monitor.

- Destroyed cars now are correct colour.

- Dirty cars now able to get clean.

- Numpad 5 key is now mappable when re-defining controls.

- Issue on all machines where certain collisions caused parts of the audio system to crash (sound effects, cutscene audio - only radio keeps going) - users know this as "Rain / Thunderstorm bug".

- Improvements to DVD streaming.

- Audio problems in interior / exterior transitions and getting in / out of cars fixed.

- Some fixes to ensure reverb is not present at certain save points.

- Improvements to dance game timings.

- Crash occuring when using "user radio files" while the frame limiter is disabled.

DazzaJay

Postby [SiK]DemonSeed on Thu Nov 01, 2007 1:03 pm

yeah I'v always played like this, I actually helped Dan out. It works.

[SiK]DemonSeed
[SiK] member

Yeah, the drug server has been left out to die it seems.

[SiK] member

Postby [DRuG]Mortal on Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:29 pm

It works because it is useless. Only the EXE changes in a version 1.0 to 1.1 update, so basically, just don't update, because this guide just downgrades you back to 1.0 lol

Now, you COULD:

backup your original 1.0, then update, rename your new 1.1, make new shortcuts for your 1 player game that lead to the 1.1, and put the 1.0 back in the directory with the original name.

Now you end up with 1.1 one player, and 1.0 mp. kthx

[DRuG]Mortal
[DRuG] member

I can't believe we will have to wait until 2014 to play GTA V on PC.

[DRuG] member

Postby [SiK]DemonSeed on Thu Nov 01, 2007 5:45 pm

no dude it works, I'v used the app for speed blur and it worked fine for 1.0, but when I installed the 1.01 patch, and used my crack the app does not work.

[SiK]DemonSeed
[SiK] member

Yeah, the drug server has been left out to die it seems.

[SiK] member

Return to Gaming Chat