Dirt 2 Problems

Gaming related rumors, ideas and general gaming stuff
Bookmark and Share

Dirt 2 Problems

Postby [DRuG]Rye on Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:12 am

so i brought dirt 2 on steam sometime last year and enjoyed the game quite a bit, but the game never starts up anymore. I've tried everything to get it running. reinstalling, redownloading but no matter what i do i cant get the game to even launch. the worst thing is an error message doesn't even come up. Thanks codemasters :/

Anyone else had this problem?
[DRuG]Killer57

[DRuG]Rye
[AGS] member

*waves back*

[AGS] member
]DR[ member
[DRuG] member

Re: Dirt 2 Problems

Postby [DRuG]NikT on Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:00 am

Read their forums? 2nd hit on google...

http://community.codemasters.com/forum/ ... aunch.html

My intuition (which is usually pretty good) is repeating over and over that there are user files stored in a path separate to the program files directory.. try renaming them or moving them temporarily elsewhere.

"But my head's all messed up, so you better driive brother"

[DRuG]NikT
[DRuG] cofounder & your host

Check out the downloads and members areas on drugcrew.com

[DRuG] cofounder & your host
[DRuG] coleader
[DRuG] member
DRuG server admin
[AGS] member
]DR[ member

Postby [DRuG]Rye on Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:23 pm

already tried going through those steps nik....still no luck.
[DRuG]Killer57

[DRuG]Rye
[AGS] member

*waves back*

[AGS] member
]DR[ member
[DRuG] member

Postby Choma on Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:23 pm

tried gettin a torrent of it? if you already paid for it legit, then i certainly dont care if you torrent it - well within your rights to infact. you might have better luck. also try various cracks from megagames, alot of the issues for that game seem to stem from SecureRom (so also try disabling DaemonTools if you have it, or Alcohol120% or cloneCD)... so it would stand to reason that a precracked, or an iso install then cracked from megagames, might work. good luck tho, i read through the forums pages that nik posted.. whew... ya blew it codemasters.

/EDIT
Screw steam. as far as im concerned, youve paid, just torrent it - uTorrent + Piratebay or Demonoid are your friends man. Even with steam, did you get a serial? coz if so, you can use the legit serial - some people on tha forums were having success with an ISO version and then using a legit key - if multiplayer is what your after, otherwise, damn steam, just pirate the hell outta that shit.

Hope i havent rufffled any feathers by suggesting "Piracy" so one can play a game one has paid for! (possibly the only legit use of piracy).... Anyhoo, GoodLuck my friend!
My quantum milk machine brings all girls to every yard

Choma
DRuG server admin

Tired lines get very tiring... *yawn*

DRuG server admin

Return to Gaming Chat