Add your fave news to planet.drugcrew.com

Read here first to be aware of current important info.
Bookmark and Share

Add your fave news to planet.drugcrew.com

Postby [DRuG]NikT on Sat Sep 06, 2008 1:31 pm

This is a project I've been messing about with for quite some time.

My vision was to create a web site based news reader where you can view news from any site or forums involved in the GTA scene - like a 'one stop shop' for GTA news.

At first I had experimented with planet, a GNU script designed to compile news from rss into a date arranged news site. As time went on, I tried a few others, and found that it was much easier to navigate, if the site was arranged more carefully -- much like a mail reader. Thus the introduction of the Spry news reader by Adobe. Using Air, their latest webtek, it's also a bit of a curiosity on the front of Web 2.0 design - pages are preloaded and displayed within it much like any web 2.0 application.

I hope you find it as smooth as I have.

The site can be reached at http://planet.drugcrew.com. It is also now in the left margin of drugcrew.com and also just above the RSS news ticker on the forums, labeled and linked as below:
>> Launch Spry RSS Reader <<

If your GTA related news is not included on our planet, or a source that you prefer, please, email nikt@drugcrew.com or send me a message on the forums - it's very easy to add more, all I need is an RSS/xml feed.

"But my head's all messed up, so you better driive brother"

[DRuG]NikT
[DRuG] cofounder & your host

Check out the downloads and members areas on drugcrew.com

[DRuG] cofounder & your host
[DRuG] coleader
[DRuG] member
DRuG server admin
[AGS] member
]DR[ member

Return to Announcements