phpBB updated to 3.0.6 successfully.

Technical discussion relating to drugcrew.com & the forums
Bookmark and Share

phpBB updated to 3.0.6 successfully.

Postby [DRuG]NikT on Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:00 pm

OK, that has to be about the smoothest update I have experienced so far... every last bit worked perfectly - let me know if you spot any errors folks... I'll be testing thoroughly tonight from home.

*edit* It seems it's broken a few of the mods installed - easy to fix (*edit* fixed) - the recaptcha system has reverted to the default captcha (the ugly letters you have to OCR to prove you're human), stuff like this is an easy fix.. but please, if you see any similar errors, let me know in a private message.

*edit2*
I've now checked over all the mods and confirmed only recaptcha broke.. it added back a few lines to the captcha area of ucp_register.php source - once they were removed, it displayed the recaptcha again and everything was back to how I originally set it. THEN I find in the administration panel that they've added support for recaptcha, since their old one was hackable.. if I had of just left the original code from 3.0.6 in, I could have just enabled recaptcha from a pretty pull down list.. but meh.. now it's already patched in the source to use the right one, I guess it doesn't matter - same result.

You may wonder why I even bother sharing stuff this technical when only another phpbb admin would have a hope of really understanding... this is all written mainly for my own reference, such that if I meet similar problems later, I am able to backtrack and see how I solved them.

"But my head's all messed up, so you better driive brother"

[DRuG]NikT
[DRuG] cofounder & your host

Check out the downloads and members areas on drugcrew.com

[DRuG] cofounder & your host
[DRuG] coleader
[DRuG] member
DRuG server admin
[AGS] member
]DR[ member

Return to Technical support