NEED HELP

Technical discussion relating to drugcrew.com & the forums
Bookmark and Share

NEED HELP

Postby [M4D]FULL_METAL on Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:07 pm

as the title says, i need help, but this time it is for my friend, he has 2 laptops, one is an old compaq xp laptop and the other is a new HP laptop running vista basic, one of those small ones, the problems are

HP: it seems to freeze when loading, and needs to load up files before hand, i think it may be overheating, but not sure, as it gets really hot really fast

Compaq: he has forgotten his password and wants to get his music of it, is there anyway to reset teh password without having to wipe it???, i have tried to get it through the guest account, but, it will not allow me to go into his side as he has not allowed it

Compaq has been solved thanks to Mouldy
please help if you can
I am not an ordinary alchemist
The cycle of life only goes one direction, not even alchemy can change that.
It's been a good while since I've killed anyone, I kinda miss it. Ya wanna watch?

[M4D]FULL_METAL
[M4D] member

SiK, Born and Bred

[M4D] member
[AGS] member
[DRuG] member

Re: NEED HELP

Postby [DRuG]NikT on Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:08 pm

If it's under warranty, take it in and let them fix it.. and do it before the warranty approaches it's end.

If you mess with it in any way, you're messing with the warranty too, of course, and it's probably a broken/shorted out fan/wire to the fan, such that the cooling is screwed... it may even just have the airways clogged with dust, but even then, you still send it back for them to dust out, so as not to void the warranty.

Mine went in about 12 months ago for a dusting.. since then it's run a lot faster, cooler and quieter, where, previously, it got so hot it cracked the chassis at the edge of the keyboard.

"But my head's all messed up, so you better driive brother"

[DRuG]NikT
[DRuG] cofounder & your host

Check out the downloads and members areas on drugcrew.com

[DRuG] cofounder & your host
[DRuG] coleader
[DRuG] member
DRuG server admin
[AGS] member
]DR[ member

Return to Technical support