Download Problems

Technical discussion relating to drugcrew.com & the forums
Bookmark and Share

Download Problems

Postby R0ck_S()lid on Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:31 pm

Hey guys,

I'm having a bit of trouble downloading items off this website it comes up with this message:

The XML page cannot be displayed
Cannot view XML input using style sheet. Please correct the error and then click the Refresh button, or try again later.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Invalid at the top level of the document. Error processing resource 'http://nikt.zog.net.au/DRuG/vcm/DRuG-Xtras.vcm'. Line...

vcm
^

its like this but when i download different things the end line will be different, e.g:

Invalid at the top level of the document. Error processing resource 'http://nikt.zog.net.au/DRuG/vcm/(item im trying to download goes in here).vcm'. Line...

if anyone can help that would be awsome, thanks

R0ck_S()lid
forum member
forum member

Re: Download Problems

Postby [DRuG]Shane0 on Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:35 pm

What content are you trying to download exactly ?

[DRuG]Shane0
[DRuG] member
[DRuG] member
[TDS] member
[CJS] member
]DR[ member

Postby [DRuG]NikT on Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:42 pm

This is a known issue when attempting to download the VCM files just by clicking on them.. since they are primarily arranged in XML, the browser tries to render them as a web page - fail...

VCM files are packaged mods including vehicle handling/GTA system file edits, plus a vehicle to go with them - the value is, they auto-install, handling and all. This was particularly important in vice city with some vehicles like the RC baron, as with the wrong handling edits, not just your game would crash, but everybody in the server would, for example, crash when your vehicle collided with water.

To save the file, just right click the link on the "downloading now - click here if it fails" page and select save as - then it will save the file, not render it in the browser.

"But my head's all messed up, so you better driive brother"

[DRuG]NikT
[DRuG] cofounder & your host

Check out the downloads and members areas on drugcrew.com

[DRuG] cofounder & your host
[DRuG] coleader
[DRuG] member
DRuG server admin
[AGS] member
]DR[ member

Postby R0ck_S()lid on Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:29 pm

Sweet,

Thanx heaps Nikt

nothing more i can say really but thanx

EDIT:
Sorry I just tried to "save target as" but it wouldnt work, i tired that with the ones that i could download as it saves as a .zip files but with the ones i cant it saves as a .xml document?!
HELP!!

P.S: um the ones i wanted to download were:
drug xtras vcm pack
the two holden coupes vcm packs
and the two drug aliens, skin download

EDIT: EDIT:

Don't worry as i have downloaded mozilla firefox and then did as u suggested [DRuG]Nikt

Thanx
just to let [TDS]Shane0
thnx
(if you would be albe to post them in rapidshare or sumthing with a name that no-one would know that you could email me that would be great!!!)

R0ck_S()lid
forum member
forum member

Return to Technical support