My lil problem

Technical discussion relating to drugcrew.com & the forums
Bookmark and Share

Re: My lil problem

Postby [DRuG]NikT on Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:57 am

Key thing that antivirus suites can't often deal with (short of suggesting you restart in safe mode then rescan), is with areas that can be termed 'hives' for virii.. the most common of these is system restore points, since they are unchangeable files that the system protects from modification. Now, assuming the virus has got past that, it is then safely nested on your machine... a lot behave this way, so the best advice is to disable system restore in the system part of control panel.

I recommend Kaspersky for killing active virii, and even as a shield, though I usually run it disabled, only scanning when I periodically feel the need/have the time. It is good because it allows you to set up rules for the behaviour of applications, preventing them from doing certain things by blocking them when they attempt.. or trusting them if that is what you choose when it pops a warning. At first the warnings are annoying, but over time, it learns and results in quite a secure system indeed... but like I said, I disable a lot of that crap.

"But my head's all messed up, so you better driive brother"

[DRuG]NikT
[DRuG] cofounder & your host

Check out the downloads and members areas on drugcrew.com

[DRuG] cofounder & your host
[DRuG] coleader
[DRuG] member
DRuG server admin
[AGS] member
]DR[ member

Re: My lil problem

Postby [SiK]DemonSeed on Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:16 am

system restore is a good idea but Microsoft fucked it up so bad that every time I used it when I rebooted I get a error screen, and it says this file is missing and I either have to manually put it back or it's so fucked up that I have to get my old image that I backed up and restore my system. SYSTEM RESTORE I WILL KILL YOU!!!!!!!

well not really, lol.

[SiK]DemonSeed
[SiK] member

Yeah, the drug server has been left out to die it seems.

[SiK] member

Previous

Return to Technical support