New teamspeak viewer and stats available @ drugcrew.com

Technical discussion relating to drugcrew.com & the forums
Bookmark and Share

New teamspeak viewer and stats available @ drugcrew.com

Postby [DRuG]NikT on Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:24 pm

Hi folks,

Well the last few days, I've been doing a go-over of the main site and the forums, removing every last annoyance I can find.

We now have an icon for cutenews, in place of their spam text ad.. that was bugging me ("content management by cutenews" - sheesh, it was just managing a news blog).

The game-monitor blocks have been dropped - they have issues left right & center, while the dev is rarely available nor developing the project. As a result, I installed LGSL, then spawned 3 different arrangements of it, by creating 3 separate installations then tweaking the php for each to suit a forums block, a parent website block with all the servers and a player activity block for the left margin of drugcrew.com. For the following few days I tweaked this quite a lot, with it now in a state where it works well with both the light and dark themes, while leaving a neat amount a buffer space to the margin. In the player activity block, I modified the php to display the uptime of the linux game/ts/web/ftp/etc server, which is more indicative of the availability of it, since any time a service daemon is down, it's just to restart it anyway. I am currently trialing a new solution for player history graphs, since the game-monitor ones designed for use on remote sites are currently broken, for every game server @ game-monitor. More news on that to come.

Teamspeak was another great annoyance - the player history display module we were using on drugcrew was often times reporting it couldn't query the server, yet any other tool I would point at it was able to get the list fine. As a result, I began looking for a new provider or php application to do the same job, and found the one you will see in our left margin now. http://tsviewer.com/ also maintain gta and other game server player lists, plus keep detailed history and statistics, of course, on our teamspeak. As these graphs start to obtain a decent bit of data, I'll start to look at incorporating them into the site. The new teamspeak display behaves a lot better in terms of when the list is longer than the block, instead of growing the block and potentially breaking the site, it now adds a scroll bar within the same width & height block... so no breakages if someone's bot creates 500 people in teamspeak.

If anyone can see any further 'creases' they would like ironed out of the site, or new modules/functionality they would like to see here, please let me know.. for those that aren't aware already - this is my little php project to teach myself shtuffs, and I often welcome new challenges within it.

"But my head's all messed up, so you better driive brother"

[DRuG]NikT
[DRuG] cofounder & your host

Check out the downloads and members areas on drugcrew.com

[DRuG] cofounder & your host
[DRuG] coleader
[DRuG] member
DRuG server admin
[AGS] member
]DR[ member

Return to Technical support