A few small annoyances.

Technical discussion relating to drugcrew.com & the forums
Bookmark and Share

Re: A few small annoyances.

Postby [DRuG]NikT on Tue Oct 30, 2007 1:47 am

No hard feeling KK, we're cool.. I too, have things irl that are pissing me off at the moment, as I'm sure we all have.. but it's still important we speak our minds.. that's how things get sorted out.

"But my head's all messed up, so you better driive brother"

[DRuG]NikT
[DRuG] cofounder & your host

Check out the downloads and members areas on drugcrew.com

[DRuG] coleader
[DRuG] member
DRuG server admin
[AGS] member
]DR[ member

Postby [SiK]Ben on Tue Oct 30, 2007 1:52 am

Yeah, glad we solved that one between us at least :).

Thanks!

[SiK]Ben
forum member
forum member

Postby [M4D]FULL_METAL on Tue Oct 30, 2007 11:28 am

YAY, the argument is over, we can begin to be friendly again, even though i never changed my view on either clans
I am not an ordinary alchemist
The cycle of life only goes one direction, not even alchemy can change that.
It's been a good while since I've killed anyone, I kinda miss it. Ya wanna watch?

[M4D]FULL_METAL
[M4D] member

SiK, Born and Bred

[M4D] member
[AGS] member
[DRuG] member

Postby [DRuG]Mortal on Tue Oct 30, 2007 4:14 pm

And in case it hasnt been mentioned, you can use the "board index" link for your bookmark bar to bypass the frames... I wouldn't recommend this to anyone who isn't visiting enough to bookmark.

I see there was a skirmish? Well, no need for me to read back into that, glad to see diplomacy arises through the smoke. Cheers DRuGgies<3

[DRuG]Mortal
[DRuG] member

I can't believe we will have to wait until 2014 to play GTA V on PC.

[DRuG] member

Postby [SiK]DemonSeed on Wed Oct 31, 2007 11:18 pm

I think this fucking forum is damn fine, stop whining and suck it up, ok problem solved.

[SiK]DemonSeed
[SiK] member

Yeah, the drug server has been left out to die it seems.

[SiK] member

Postby [DRuG]NikT on Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:04 am

Thanks Demon.. and on that positive and cool note, I'm gonna lock this one.

Case closed, we rock :geek:

Dazzajay wrote:Another problem that has cone from a minor annoyance to a Major Psycotic Fucking Hatred is the fact that i have to Log In to the site every time i make a post.

This issue was resolved after the update to phpbb3.0.0 gold stable from rc8 - it turned out to be nothing to do with the site, but rather, Firefox 2.0.0.11, no other browser exhibits this issue.. This can be resolved by using FireFox Portable, which is a repackage of Firefox's latest - 2.0.0.11, and works fine with retaining the logon.. perhaps because it maintains it's settings base separately from the installed-into-xp build. I only got to work this out after trying a fresh install of phpBB3 3.0.0.0 gold on a new database, then was able to see the issue persist, even on an out-of-the-box install. See for yourself at http://nikt.zog.net.au/drugcrew/plugins/bb3

I was so offended by the way it was reported, I put off fixing it out of the angry feeling it gave me every time I went to work on it... don't know if that makes sense to anyone but me, but it does make sense to someone. :evilgrin: :evilgrin:

[DRuG]NikT

[DRuG] coleader
[DRuG] member
DRuG server admin
[AGS] member
]DR[ member

Firefox not maintaining logon to our forums between sessions

Postby [DRuG]NikT on Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:01 pm

After monitoring the browser sessions issue now for several weeks, I felt it would be good to share my observations.

Firefox's main windows xp version 2.0.0.11 and some of those immediately prior to it, all seem to lose the login when u restart your browser then load up the forums - you have to log in again.

Netscape, Internet Exploder 6 & 7, Opera, Safari, and Galeon (xwindows) all seem to maintain logon with no problems - so lets get back to discussing what works if you're determined to run FireFooks... it's lost me to Netscape...

Firefox Portable, 2.0.0.11, is designed to work with memory sticks... it installs to a folder you nominate, but does not require administrator in a locked down environment to be installed, and saves all its settings to the directory, not the registry, thus seems to be immune from the "losing login" issue... I have this installed & working great with the forums, and have made all my firefox shortcuts point to it.

Here's the classic part.... Over time, the portable version has evolved the same issues remaining logged in... that's right... it worked fine for a week or two, now the issue is back. I reinstalled it from the Firefox Portable installer, and since there's nothing saved to registry with this version, it works fine again. Doing this does not resolve the main version of firefox 2.0.0.11 and similar for XP, since the problem appears to reside in it's registry settings, which are being reused when you reinstall.

I say, stick with Netscape.. it never broke and it's using Firefox 2.0.0.11 as it's core engine, anyway.. read it's about section.

Hope this helps the nice people out there... and I hope the wankers lost patience at my waffling.

[DRuG]NikT

[DRuG] coleader
[DRuG] member
DRuG server admin
[AGS] member
]DR[ member

Previous

Return to Technical support