Map - Red Skies Drive

Technical discussion relating to drugcrew.com & the forums
Bookmark and Share

Map - Red Skies Drive

Postby Choma on Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:06 pm

Obviously an admin (besides me) is gunna need to test this out, but me and Jarper where playing the map Red Skies Drive, and we both experienced crazy stuttering at different parts of the map, so can some other peeps give it a go, just to make sure its not our PC's?
and by crazy stuttering, i mean jumping from 60fps to 10fps every second or so, it didnt really seem like lag, but maybe the map was too complex, and it couldnt load textures quick enough (altho there was no visual distortion).... anyways it was weird and impossible to drive under those circumstances!

Oh and Stijger, my PC isnt a lesser PC, its fairly powerful, Core i3 - 4gbram - 230m - shouldnt be a problem, i get 60fps pretty much all the time, on very high + some AA and AF; i tried Red Skies Drive at lowest possible settings, it still had issues... :(
Last edited by Choma on Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
My quantum milk machine brings all girls to every yard

Choma
DRuG server admin

Tired lines get very tiring... *yawn*

DRuG server admin

Re: Map - Red Skies Drive

Postby Choma on Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:26 pm

oh and also the map Highway Jumping Circuit - im not sure that its such a good map.
it takes between 30 minutes to 40 minutes to complete, at full speed.
not to mention that some of the jumps are not very well placed, so you end up respawning many times.... :(

I vote it for deletion...
My quantum milk machine brings all girls to every yard

Choma
DRuG server admin

Tired lines get very tiring... *yawn*

DRuG server admin

Postby [DRuG]Stijger on Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:06 pm

For me the same thing happened with Red Skies Drive, I guess the map is too big to load properly for lesser PCs.
Which is a shame cause I actually like racing it, so maybe deleting a bit of the surrounding buildings and stuff is an option?
And furthermore The highway Jumping Circuit is indeed way too long and some jumps are totally wrong.

I vote for deletion too

[DRuG]Stijger
[DRuG] member

Good Luck Veccie

[DRuG] member
DRuG server admin

Postby HaRCoR7 on Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:34 pm

my fps drops sometimes on that map(red skies drive) i dont have any idea why...i think its because of the map objects, and map "Long" took me 46mins to finish , i vote for deletion

HaRCoR7
DRuG server admin

hi guys

DRuG server admin

Return to Technical support