Multi Theft Auto: Modded V-1

Everything else goes here :)
Bookmark and Share

Multi Theft Auto: Modded V-1

Postby eNathan on Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:32 pm

Hey,

Some, but few of you may know that I'm a hardcore software programmer. Me and a fellow [SS] member set out a few months ago to create a modification for MTA. It started with the release of the Unofficial SCM Update, where [SS]GuNNeR modified spawn locations, car placment locations, and mixed up the weapons to spice up the game a bit. But, we didn't want to release a modified scm.. thats called hax. So he asked me to write a client to load the scm only on our "modded" server, but to unload it when the player connects to another server. This spawned the development of Multi Theft Auto: Modded (or MTA:M).

After lots of "feature implimentation" and some uber debugging, this is what it features..

List of in-game features:
!set <id> <value>. As of now, the scripts support the following memory addresses for: HP, Armor, max heli atitude, white / green scannerl ines, gravity, gamespeed, tommy smoking a cigarette cheat, weapon scale, cash, disabling radar, player X location, player Y, Z, etc.

!teleport <player name>, !teleportall, etc. Scripts can customize any X, Y and Z location. About 20 teleport locations are currently supported. You do not need to be a car to teleport, you can be on foot.

Playing sound in-game.. The ability for admins / scripts to play a sound URL file on all client's games, specified in script files. For isntance, you can set it up so you type the command: !beatles, and it will play a random beatles song. :P Currently, I have a few RUSH songs, and !myg0t video quotes.

Other features:
Private messages open up in a seperate chat window.

Load the client, and it auto-connects to the official MTA:M server (which has been taken down recently, along with the rest of SS's servers, due to MTA's death).

Client loads modified SCM upon start game, and unloads it upon leaving the came / connecting to any rgular MTA server

Client does basic MD5 checks on weapon.dat, handling, etc etc.. on all non-MTA:M servers

- mIRC scripts are very powerful and can modify any client game value.

With the death of MTA:VC, and the fact that our servers are no longer up and we lacked an mIRC script dedi, MTA:M never became popular. But, I just want to let everyone know tha there's such a crazy mod out there that someone spent uber amounts of time programming... :) If anyone is curious to play around with it, let me know. :mrgreen:

By the way, thanks for your 0.5 No-CRC.. ;)

http://mta-ss.com/index.php?page=mtam
~{SS}-Mafia (Proud Co-Leader); http://mta-ss.com

Note: Not everything on the internets has significant meaning. ;o

eNathan
{SS} member
{SS} member

Re: Multi Theft Auto: Modded V-1

Postby [DRuG]NikT on Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:06 pm

Wow that's really cool guys - I'll have to look at this a little closer and do a news item etc... but in the meantime - check this out peepz - should be interesting to say the least!

"But my head's all messed up, so you better driive brother"

[DRuG]NikT
[DRuG] cofounder & your host

Check out the downloads and members areas on drugcrew.com

[DRuG] coleader
[DRuG] member
DRuG server admin
[AGS] member
]DR[ member

Postby eNathan on Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:01 pm

Great.. if you need anything to check it out, let me know. I'll even release the source code the DRuG if yous think you can do anything useful with it.

A nice feature though is the scm-updating.. you can update a new scm into all player's games automatically without downloading a new version. If they're ingame, there's an !update commant for this.. game restart is required, however. Would be a nice feature for mass-modders.. :lol:

eNathan
{SS} member
{SS} member

Postby [DRuG]KillFrenzy on Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:41 pm

Looks great, looking forward to seeing it way into the future... possibly after I get Year 12 done and over with :evilgrin:

[DRuG]KillFrenzy
[DRuG] member
[DRuG] member
[alr] member

Postby eNathan on Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:35 pm

[DRuG]KillFrenzy wrote:Looks great, looking forward to seeing it way into the future... possibly after I get Year 12 done and over with :evilgrin:

:P Please explain, I don't always get jokes too easily.. :mrgreen:

eNathan
{SS} member
{SS} member

Postby [DRuG]KillFrenzy on Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:46 am

Meaning I have to get all this work done before I really get a change to play with your mod [SUSS]

[DRuG]KillFrenzy
[DRuG] member
[DRuG] member
[alr] member

Postby [DRuG]NikT on Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:14 pm

[DRuG]NikT resists the urge to go through this thread and correct everyone's spelling.

lol.

"But my head's all messed up, so you better driive brother"

[DRuG]NikT

Check out the downloads and members areas on drugcrew.com

[DRuG] coleader
[DRuG] member
DRuG server admin
[AGS] member
]DR[ member

Postby eNathan on Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:52 pm

[DRuG]NikT wrote:eNathan resists the urge to go through this thread and correct everyone's spelling.

lol.

Incorrect spelling is ftw. :mrgreen: Hoever, inproper sentence structure is ftl.. can't stand it.

eNathan
{SS} member
{SS} member

Return to Miscellaneous